About MEGA Plus
MEGA Plus is an intensive, project-based master's programme offering specialised training in audiovisual company management and content production, and is geared to maximising the business development of young audiovisual industry professionals.
The course content includes: project development, financing, production budgeting and scheduling, traditional and digital distribution, marketing and exploitation, production strategies, project packaging, company management and business administration.
Digital media is imbedded as a cross-cutting theme in all the modules of the course.
Benefits of MEGA Plus
- MEGA Plus gives alumni the skills and expertise to allow them to work in the industry at management level;
- Prepares alumni to maximise the opportunities of content production and exploitation across the digital landscape;
- Build a solid foundation in company management, development, production and distribution of audiovisual content;
- Build an international professional network in the audiovisual sector;
- Develop an international dimension for 'course projects' business plans;
- Provide market access for participants' projects through access to key co-production markets (Berlinale Coproduction Market and Talent Campus, Rotterdam film festival's Cinemart and Crossroads);
- A 90% post master job placement rate.
Ex Mega Alumni include:
- James Richardson VERTIGO FILMS (UK) - Producer of Oscar nominated Best Foreign Film 'Ajami´; 'Street Dance´ and 'Monsters´.
- Mads Peter Ole Olsen SCANBOX Entertainment Denmark A/S - Mads has executive produced over 20 films in Scandinavia, most recently 'Valhalla Rising´.
- Alberto Marini has developed and produced titles as 'REC´ during his position as Managing Director of Content and Executive Producer at FILMAX. Alberto has recently founded his own production company Rebelión Terrestre. He is also the scriptwriter for the Spanish hit 'Mientras Duermes´.
- Philipp Kreuzer Bavaria Pictures GmbH (Germany) - Former Project Manager Administrator at Eurimages, at present he is Vice President of International and Co-Production. Philipp is also Managing Director of Bavaria's Rome based production and distribution company Bavaria Media Italia s.r.l.
- Johanes Rexin Heimat Film (Germany) - Co-producer of the film 'Bal´, Golden Bear winner at the 2010 Berlin Film Festival.
- Daniel Baur is the co-founder of K5 Media Group, a sales (K5 International), production (K5 Film) and financing (K5 Media Capital) entity based in Munich, London and Los Angeles. K5 Media Group successfully represented, financed and produced films like 'The Visitor', 'Get Low' or 'Night train to Lisbon'.
- Patrick O'Neill Industry Affairs Executive of the Irish Film Board since 2008.
- Benny Drechsel CEO of Rohfilms (Germany) - He has had several films selected for the Cannes, Rotterdam, Locarno and Berlin Film Festivals.